Defined Pension Plan Benefits
Defined pension plan is a sort of pension plan that promises a specific benefit on monthly basis on retirement. This benefit that the employee derives depends on the formula which calculates the overall benefits being provided on the basis of the earning history of the employee as well as the age & service tenure. It is a misconception among people that the benefits depend on their investment returns.
Whether a pension plan is a defined benefit plan, a defined contribution or just a simplified pension plan, there are certain advantages that they offer. As far as the benefits of a defined pension plan are concerned, here are some of them:
- One of the most common advantages of any pension plan is the maintenance of similar living standard even after one retires out of their jobs.
- The contributions that are made to a defined pension plan are considered as tax deductible.
- The contributions made by the employer are excluded from the payroll taxes and thus helps the employee.
- Investment incomes that are produced by a defined pension plan are exempted from taxes.
- The contributions made by the employer vests to the members of the pension plan once their membership begins.
- In case of the defined pension plan, if the pensioner dies then the spouse receives the pension as well as the other offered benefits.
- The benefits that accumulate in these defined pension plans can no way be seized but there are certain exceptions to this benefit.
- One of the most important benefits of a defined pension plan is that the pension funds cannot be detained in case of the bankruptcy of the business.
More Articles :